Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16, 2010

4:30 am. Herr Welle and I wake up at his parent's house in Finland.

The previous day, we had said goodbye to our Finnish home and left the movers to pack up all our belongings. We only have one luggage each with us, so that we can survive one week in a hotel.

Our 'garden' in Finland
6:00 am. We are ready to get up into Opa Welle's car, as he will drive us to the Helsinki-Vantaa airport. While we are standing outside in the crisp autumn air, my cellphone beeps. The husband of my very good friend has sent me a text message: my friend is in the delivery room of their local hospital and is not really enjoying herself.

All the drive to the airport and before boarding the plane, I squeeze my phone waiting for it to beep again. I can almost forget that we are moving to a foreign country, I'm just so excited for my friend.

The flight is over fast and we land on Frankfurt airport. I open my phone and it beeps: my friend has had a little baby girl!

We take a taxi to Wiesbaden and settle into a hotel. The rest of the day is a bit of blur for me, but at least we got ourselves registered as residents in Wiesbaden.


But today is a day of celebration. We have been living in Wiesbaden for two years now! And what is even more important: the little girl, our goddaughter, is now two years old! Happy birthday little princess!

*****
Syyskuun 16. kaksi vuotta sitten oli erityisen tärkeä päivä meille: silloin muutimme Herr Wellen kanssa Wiesbadeniin. Ja erityisen tärkeäksi päivän tekee se, että ihana kummityttömme syntyi silloin. Paljon onnea prinsessalle!

2 comments:

Citymami/Eva said...

Hän kiittää :D Äiti vaan on kovin väsynyt tänään :P

Frau Dietz said...

Happy anniversary! And happy birthday :)