Monday, January 23, 2012

Outlet Shopping

On Saturday, we decided to visit Wertheim Village, which is quite large outlet shopping area south-east from Frankfurt.
About one third of the buildings of Wertheim Village are shown here

If only Herr Welle had gotten the idea a bit earlier, we could have driven there while Fräulein took her nap. But now we were able to leave only after she had woken up and eaten her lunch. The drive from Wiesbaden to Wertheim Village takes a bit over an hour. The stores close at 8 pm., so we had less than two hours to shop. Way too short time for this place!

The stores of the 'village' are placed along one shopping street

We visited Gant, Napapijri and Tommy Hilfiger, and I actually found something for myself from that last place!


Just as the stores were closing, I noticed a Steiff store and stopped by to buy something for my friend's newborn baby boy.


I hope we would have had a longer time to spend there, as there were quite good winter sales there on top of the outlet prices. But I will add this place to the list of 'Things To Do When My Mother Visits Us', so we will have one extra pair of eyes looking after Fräulein!

No comments: